Please explain how the following medical exam (circa 1950) can deem me fit for work:
- Raise your hand when you hear me whisper
- Read aloud the smallest font you can see
- Read aloud this short story
- Look for the numbers in colored circles to prove you're not color blind
- Pee in this cup and then dispose of the urine yourself (ewww)
- Wait, wrapped in a paper gown, for 30 minutes
- Breathe in and out through your mouth
- Say "Ahhhh"
- Check your reflexes (which seem a little slow...)
- Stand on your toes
- Stand with your feet together, close your eyes, and then raise your arms
You may now return to work.