Monday, September 29
Sunday, September 28
Wow. We almost never have anything to do because my days off suck ass. Maybe the world is starting to revolve around my weekend...
Friday, September 26
And now, every time I work with this individual, I hear his loud nose breathing. I have previously written about how much I hate mouth breathers, and now I must add loud nose breathers to that list. Which is the lesser of the two evils? I'm not sure. Perhaps people should just breathe normal...
Thursday, September 25
Recipe for Mom's Dream Salad:
Pasta - 1lb Rigatoni
Home Grown Tomatoes
Granny's Homemade Italian Dressing
Wednesday, September 24
Monday, September 22
Sunday, September 21
Saturday, September 20
Muffin: Honey oat bran
Friday, September 19
Thursday, September 18
Wednesday, September 17
Tuesday, September 16
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Slice of 45 Calorie Whole-Grain Bread
- 1 Slice of Cheese
- 1 Fruit
- 1 Sugar-Free Pudding
- 1 Vegetable
- Southwestern Style Veggie Soup
God, I'm going to hate my life for the next 8 weeks. Well, my food life, that is.
On the plus side, I didn't have to pay $100. Yay!
Monday, September 15
- It takes a while to get the stroller out and the kid in
- I had to keep getting out more goldfish/animal crackers from the diaper bag
- The stroller bumped into a lot of shit because my stroller steering skills are at like level 1
- The kid wanted to share lunch with me. What?
- I had to use the elevator
- When you get out to the car you have to start the car and AC, put the kid in the car seat, then put the stroller in - being sure to triple check that the doors are both open and unlocked - just in case something goes horribly wrong
- They will fall asleep on the drive home and you will not be able to take them out without waking them...sorry, Mom
All in all, it was a lovely day. Maybe we'll try for kids in a few years.
Saturday, September 13
Of course, now we have the problem of not being able to sleep very well without the other. Last summer when he was in China I would sleep restlessly for a couple hours every night, wake up just in time to rush to class, and then crash for another couple hours before work. I was constantly exhausted. He was only sleeping about 5 hours a night. Luckily he's only gone for a few days this time around. And when he gets home I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep with him so I can catch up on my zzzzzzs.
Friday, September 12
Tom heats up the bed with his furnace feet, creating a cocoon of warmth - but once I'm out, I'm instantly cold. I need a blanket and a heating pad. I have to make breakfast with cold feet and cold legs. I want to take a shower just so I can warm up.
Summer, what happened to you? Did you just decide to bail and leave us to the fall chill? Well, please come back. No one is like you; you are wonderfully warm. We hate the cold. What can we do to make you change your mind? We'll buy you presents...
Thursday, September 11
Wednesday, September 10
Tuesday, September 9
- Gone with the Wind
- The Time Traveler's Wife
- The Crimson Petal and the White
- The Vampire Lestat
- Cold Mountain
- The Other Boleyn Girl
- The Green Mile
These books are beautiful to me and the end of reading them marks a change in my relationship with the book. No more anticipation; no longer can I say, "I'm reading the best book!" and it makes me a little sad. "The Time Traveler's Wife" was the hardest for me to finish; everytime I picked it up I started crying. I couldn't read it in public, and I couldn't read for very long or I'd become dehydrated. If you haven't read the books on my list, I recommend it. Obviously. The best books are the ones you love to read and hate to finish.
Monday, September 8
Sunday, September 7
Saturday, September 6
- tracks are labeled in the folder so: 1-01 - meaning Disc 1, Track 1 and so on
- when they are put into iTunes (don't get me started about iTunes) the tracks still show in the correct order
- once put on the Nano, they are suddenly in a weird order of track 8 through end of disc, then track 1 through track 7
Okay, I understand if it feels like it needs, say, 10, 11, 12 and so on before 1. Fine. But why start with 8? Bizarre. Any help on this matter would be appreciated.
Friday, September 5
Thursday, September 4
- Enter - with book and iPod
- Pick out color and sit in chair
- Turn on iPod
- Turn on massaging chair
- Read book during clipping/filing/scrubbing portion
- Close book and place in lap when massage portion begins
- Relax and close eyes while legs/feet are being massaged
- Resume reading during painting portion
My pedicure place knows me well; I never make an appointment even though I'm there once a month. They don't really speak English, which is fine with me. I can come in and not be bothered to make awkward and forced conversation. I just sit back and relax while my feet are prettified. Plus, my place does a great job. The massage portion lasts for about 20 minutes, and includes hot towels and oil. Also, the price is right at only $22 smackers. That is cheap for an hour of selfish indulgence for an area of my body seen by few and appreciated by even fewer.
But if you haven't been getting pedicures, start considering it. You are on your feet all day long; you run, walk, jump, hike, lift weights, lift kids, and all other manners of abuse. Your feet deserve it. They treat you good, and it's time to return the favor. And don't forget: pedicures make your feet softer and smoother, which makes you feel prettier, and that makes everyone happy. Besides...no one wants feet like this: