Tuesday, September 9

The End

I am slowly nearing the end of my book. When I really love a book I slow down as the pages at the back thin. You know, I read a lot, and I like most of what I read, mostly because I'm picky about what I read. But books that I adore are few and far between. See list:
  1. Gone with the Wind
  2. The Time Traveler's Wife
  3. The Crimson Petal and the White
  4. Outlander
  5. The Vampire Lestat
  6. Cold Mountain
  7. The Other Boleyn Girl
  8. The Green Mile

These books are beautiful to me and the end of reading them marks a change in my relationship with the book. No more anticipation; no longer can I say, "I'm reading the best book!" and it makes me a little sad. "The Time Traveler's Wife" was the hardest for me to finish; everytime I picked it up I started crying. I couldn't read it in public, and I couldn't read for very long or I'd become dehydrated. If you haven't read the books on my list, I recommend it. Obviously. The best books are the ones you love to read and hate to finish.

No comments: