Saturday, April 10

Break Over

I am one of those people that lets silly things get in the way of their daily routine.

Take writing for example. I am supposed to write everyday -- or at LEAST once a week. But no go. I have been MIA for a little over a month (see March's sole post). But in my defense, let me explain the last few weeks. (Hint: it's dull reading. Hence why I haven't written.)

So, when we went to China I had to resign. I was working as a REAL Supervisor before I left. When I came back, that wasn't possible, and I was re-hired as a temporary employee -- but that was okay because I was "higher leveled" into a supervisor position all the time in a temporary capacity. Then, I was promoted to career employee, but still not a real supervisor. While all this was going on I was working the swing shift -- and that was okay because I'd been doing it FOREVER and at least I had weekends off. Then, the best. I was asked to fill in (again, temporarily) in the vacant management position. Weekends off, working during the day. It was stressful but lovely. And then all the REAL Supervisor positions began to open up, including the one I desperately wanted which had weekends off and worked 6AM to 2:30. Fabulous. I put in my application along with 18 other folks. I was a wreck. Really nervous and stressed out. My life officially went on hold.

Break over.

I am now the proud owner of a fantastic job. I make much more money. I work THE BEST hours (6AM to 2:30, M-F). The work I will do is interesting and rewarding; just enough tedium to be satisfying and enough challenges not to be boring. I am SO excited. It was worth it to go to China if it got me this position. And now I have my evenings free for ballet or grad school or community theatre or cello lessons or dinner with friends or hanging out with family. Life is better when your job isn't your life. Now my job is something I do during the day and my life is the rest of the time instead of the other way around.

So, congratulate me ... and stay tuned.

3 comments:

Tasha said...

I am so glad I got to find out about your promotion on YOUR blog! SHEESH! Congrats though! I am way happy for you!

Foreign Thoughts said...

Congratulations! I love it when life takes your lemons and makes you a margarita!!

Kat said...

Welcome back! I dig the new layout!