Monday, January 18

What Procrastination Means to Me

I am a procrastinator in my personal life. @ work -- never. But when it comes to my own goals, I am always late and running behind.

I have ample examples:

*My niece just turned three. I was supposed to make her a baby quilt.
*I have a half finished afghan for my mother ... that was supposed to be given to her 2 Christmases ago.
*A quilt for my bed, 3/4 finished, sits in the closet.
*The whites are still in the dryer waiting to be folded and put away.
*I paid $17 in late fees @ the library.
*My car receives an oil change every 5,000 miles.
*I still haven't bought Christmas presents for my friends.
*This blog. Only 36 posts last year. What a disappointment.

I suppose I delay things because I am a leisurely sort of person when not at work. I like naps and eating in bed and watching tv with my puppy and husband. And the nagging disappointment in myself? I can push that aside, too. However, it's a new year, and while I like to put-off self-assigned tasks, I also am a fan of self-betterment. So.

I will finish projects.
I will love my loved ones more than ever.
I will write and write and write
... and perfection be damned,
I will still procrastinate.

1 comment:

Tasha said...

It's about time! Glad you're back!