I started my period yesterday and it turned me into a mean monster.
Usually my time of the month comes and goes with nothing more than a slight disruptance in my love life. I tend to be tired and a generic cloud of ennui follows me around. But I have noticed that when I'm not eating much and exercising hard (like I am now), the hormonal changes seem to effect me more.
The morning started out with cramps but I managed to do my hour of cardio okay. Oh but wait -- mid-workout I had to make an emergency trip to the bathroom because I had begun menstruating which jumpstarted a day filled with things that annoyed me.
- the movie theatre was cold
- my husband kept getting up to pee during the movie -- a record THREE times
- I didn't/shouldn't/couldn't get fries at In N Out
- Target no longer carries the pet carpet cleaner I like
- I was hungry all day
- when we laid down to take a nap, the puppy kept making a throw up noise
- which made me have to take the puppy outside but not before she threw up on the carpet
- and I have no good pet carpet cleaner (see item four)
- friends came over for the basketball finals ... enough said
- friends brought over red wine which I don't like
- on period and couldn't have sex
- didn't sleep well; had a crick in my neck
And I actually laughed a little before I rolled my eyes and kept being one.