Wednesday, April 20

No Blue Monday

I found a new theme song for my life.

"Put on your Sunday clothes when you feel down and out
Strut down the street and have your picture took
Dressed like a dream your spirits seem to turn about
That Sunday shine is a certain sign
That you feel as fine as you look!

Beneath your parasol, the world is all a smile
That makes you feel brand new down to your toes
Get out your feathers, your patent leathers
Your beads and buckles and bows
For there's no blue Monday in your Sunday clothes!"

This song makes me so happy. I went through a period where I was obsessed with Hello Dolly! so I picked it up from the library and have been belting out all the songs. When 'Put on Your Sunday Clothes' came on, I could not stop smiling. I have always loved to get gussied up. And I am getting a beautiful parasol for the summer, which from under I will sing my heart out. Shouldn't you feel special every day?

No comments: