What you need:
- A treadmill/elliptical that shows distance or a pedometer, if you prefer to run outside
- Running shoes
- Clothing (although I guess this could be optional)
- Time to run
What you do:
- Week 1 you run 10 miles -- you can break up the miles between elliptical or treadmill, and spread the 10 miles throughout the week; i.e. you don't have to do all miles in one sitting.
- Each additional week you add on one mile, working up to 32 miles per week, eventually
- For every mile you don't do, you pay $1.